This is a 3 ingredient recipe that is easy to make and tasty as well.
Makes: Roughly 10 oz
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Scrub fruit throughly with hot water. Remove peels from fruit and tie in a piece of cheesecloth. Set aside
- Cut fruit into small pieces.
- Bring peels, fruit, and water to a boil for about 1 hr or until water has reduced by half. Set cheesecloth aside.
- Strain the content to extract the liquid. Discard the solids and return the liquid to the pan. Add the sugar and dissolve over low heat. Once sugar is dissolved, bring to a boil and add the peels. Simmer over medium heat until it covers a wooden spoon.
- Let cool and transfer mixture to a glass jar. Store up to 1 month in the fridge.